I’m often asked to make recommendations to clients for design resources and vendors. Links to some of my favorite resources are listed here for your reference.
Domain Registration/Web Hosting Resources
- Dreamhost DreamPress: I’ve used Dreamhost to host my own website for 20+ years and am continually impressed by their customer support and hosting service. I have a number of clients using their services as well and applaud them for their responsiveness and ease to work with. Their DreamPress plans include regularly scheduled backups, site staging, SSL certificates, and JetPack—really everything you need to support the ‘back’ end of your website.
- My favorite theme package, without question, is Theme Nectar’s Salient Theme. It is incredibly versatile and offers so much in the way of customization—from colors and fonts to layout and page structure.
Online Scheduling Apps
- iStock by Getty Images offers wonderful, yet affordable stock photography and image options. Their signature collection offers high-quality images that are a cut above some of the other free and low-cost sites.
- 4by6.com is go-to printer for business cards and postcards. Their paper selections are all high-quality and their customer service and quality printing are excellent.
- Gryco Sportswear is a locally (Orinda) owned business that has been working with me on various apparel projects for years. Whether its spiritwear for a school or swim team, uniforms for a medical office, or swag for your next tradeshow, Christy and her team will not disappoint.
Going to a tradeshow and need pens, notebooks, a booth or other support materials? I have a few favorites here as well.